Are you struggling to lose that extra flab and looking for safe yet effective medications? Well, your search ends here. A wonder medication – Acomplia is right there in the market for your rescue from the woes of obesity. I am sure, after reading this; the first thought that must have popped up in your mind must be ‘oh! Yet another medicine that boasts to be an effective weight loss remedy!’. Let’s read the content below that will take you through the various Acomplia facts related to weight loss. Once you read it, I am sure you will have the answer to your query, ‘does Acomplia really work for weight loss‘?
How does Acomplia Work?
The main ingredient of Acomplia tablets is rimonabant, which is also termed as cannabinoid-1 receptor antagonist. Rimonabant boosts weight loss in people struggling with obesity. Rimonabant blocks cannabinoid-1 receptors (hence called as cannabinoid-1 receptor antagonist). These receptors are situated in muscles, liver, digestive system, fat tissue and brain. CB1 receptors belong to a system called as endocannabinoid system, which controls body weight, fat metabolism, sugar and energy balance. CB1 receptors belonging to a peculiar area of the brain termed as mesolimbic system regulate the intake of fatty or sweet and highly palatable foods. Overstimulation of CB1 receptors triggers fat build-up, craving for food and increased appetite. Rimonabant restricts the activity of CB1 receptors thus reduces craving for these types of foods and controlling appetite. Rimonabant also aids in increasing the blood content of HDL, which is called as good fat and reduces the blood content of triglycerides, which is bad fat. Consumption of more energy from food than required for the physical activities is the reason for obesity. Reduction of craving for food with this amazing medication forms a part of treatment. Regular exercise and low calorie diet with Acomplia can help you achieve your goal of weight loss.
- People with BMI (Body Mass Index) of 30 Kg/m2 or more are recommended to take Acomplia for weight loss. Acomplia is also prescribed for people with BMI of 27 Kg/m2 with risk factors of obesity related diseases such as diabetes type II.
- Clinical studies have revealed that Acomplia works only if you take it for the duration suggested by your physician, i.e. if you complete the treatment. If you stop taking the medication in between, you may start putting on weight again. So if you want the best benefits from Acomplia, complete the treatment and combine it with regular exercise and healthy diet.
- In case you have had history of stroke or heart attack, depression and if you are suffering from kidney or liver problems, consult your doctor before taking Acomplia.
- Before taking the medication, inform the doctor if you are allergic to any medication or if you are taking any medication with Acomplia. There may be some medicines that interact with Acomplia. Get an exhaustive list of such medicines from your health care provider.
- Talk to the doctor if you are pregnant or if you intend to get pregnant while taking Acomplia. Also inform him/her if you are breast feeding.
There are some side effects associated with Acomplia like any other medications, however these are not serious. The most common side effects related to Acomplia are back pain, dizziness, nervousness, anxiety, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea and irritability. There may be some other side effects. Talk to your doctor for an exhaustive list of side effects.
This is how Acomplia works to reduce weight. For the maximum benefits, you need to take the precautions discussed above and follow healthy diet and lifestyle. Here I sign off! Stay fit with Acomplia!