Affecting millions of adults, a weak bladder is a serious disorder characterized by symptoms such as unexpected urge to urinate, frequent urination or waking up at night to urinate. The muscle contractions in the bladder are the major cause of an overactive bladder that triggers the need to urinate. Few other reasons responsible for poor bladder control include:
- Urinary tract infection
- Spinal injury
- Tumor in the bladder
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
If you think you are suffering from a weak bladder, it is best to visit the medical expert at the earliest so as to get the accurate diagnosis by means of a pelvic examination. Treatment for such condition would generally comprise of improving bladder control with the help of kegel exercises, bladder training and medicines. The use of herbal therapies has also been gaining importance for dealing with an overactive bladder. These remedies are a powerful combination of a variety of herbs formulated particularly to cure signs of a weak bladder. Some of these herbs are:
1. Saw palmetto: This is a beneficial herb, particularly for men with an enlarged prostate gland. It eases urinary symptoms and also has a strong effect on testosterone levels, which impact growth of prostate.
2. Barosma betulina: Commonly known as Buchu, this herb is used by people in South Africa since many years, to treat various ailments along with bladder and kidney infections. It has anti-bacterial, diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties, which essentially aid to enhance the health of the urinary system as a whole and in addition nourishes the bladder tissues, thereby making it suppler and healthier.
3. Gosha-jinki-gan: A blend of different herbs, gosha-jinki-gan increases bladder capacity and minimizes the amount of bladder contractions by affecting the neurological system. This herbal supplement improves the urgency to urinate, need to urinate at night and enhances the overall quality of life in people with a weak bladder.
4. Horsetail: Another powerful herb with anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties, horsetail also acts as an anti-oxidant and is taken to cure bladder and kidney stones, incontinence and urinary tract infections.
5. Cornsilk: An ancient remedy for urinary disorders, Cornsilk has a healing effect on the urinary tract that helps to regain normal bladder functioning, and helps to cure bladder disorders, bed-wetting as a result of bladder irritation, etc.
As a precautionary measure, you should speak to your healthcare professional before you start using these herbs to cope with a weak or overactive bladder in order to know the correct usage and any associated side effects, drug interactions, etc.
About Detrol Generic:
Detrol Generic (tolterodine) is recommended by doctors to deal with ailments of the urinary system such as weak bladder or poor bladder functioning. It works by reducing the contractions of the bladder muscles and helps to eliminate symptoms like urgency to urinate, incontinence, etc. Detrol Generic capsules have to be consumed with water, as per the dosing schedule given by the physician. Few undesirable effects might be noticed in the beginning, such as headache, dry mouth, muscle pain, drowsiness and abdominal pain, but they lessen eventually. In case of an overdose, the doctor should be informed right away.