Smoking has a number of side effects. One of the most common complaints is darkening of the lips, which has been noted in many individuals. Nicotine found in cigarettes is the prime factor behind the lips getting stained. Although there are a number of treatments to control the darkening, it takes some time for the lips to retain their original pink colour. The following are some tips which can be useful to lighten the discoloured tinge formed on the lips:
1. Beetroot known as a natural bleaching agent is very effective. Take a slice of beetroot and rub it on your lips or apply beetroot juice to lighten the lips.
2. Almond oil can be massaged on the lips daily to reduce the darkening. It is proven to have produced tremendous results and is recommended by many.
3. Choose your cosmetics carefully. Always check which of them suit your skin the best. Lipsticks with moisturisers will keep the lips nourished and also hide the dark spots.
4. Keep a check on your daily consumption of tea and coffee. Excessive intake tends to darken the lips.
5. When you apply sunscreen before heading out, make sure you smear your lips with an adequate amount of lip balm with a SPF of at least 15, to protect your lips from darkening further due to sunrays. It can also be applied before sleeping.
6. Two other agents, known to have natural bleaching properties are lime juice and apple cider vinegar. Dip a cotton ball into the juice and dab it on your lips daily to get rid of the dark skin.
7. In case of chapped lips, Vaseline is very helpful. It can be applied as many times as you like, to nourish the lips and also soften them.
8. Vitamin C, essential for the production of collagen is reduced by smoking. It should be included in your diet since it helps in building new tissues. Adequate intake will keep the lips healthy by replacing the old stained lip tissue with new skin cells.
9. Apply a mixture of glycerine, lime juice and honey on your lips every night before going to bed. Alternatively, you can also apply a mixture of crushed rose petals and glycerine to lighten the lips. Rose petals have been found to be effective in getting rid of the tinge on the lips caused due to smoking.
10. Maintain a healthy lifestyle by exercising regularly and consuming a balanced diet consisting of fruits and vegetables. Fresh fruits like oranges, guavas, strawberries, papaya, etc. contain a good amount of Vitamin C to lighten the skin. Needless to say, drinking 2-3 litres of water every day is equally important to flush out the harmful toxins from the body.
11. It might sound surprising, but your toothbrush can be a great exfoliator to get rid of the dead skin cells on your lips. Every morning when you brush your teeth, gently brush your lips so that the dead skin peels off and makes way for growth of new lip tissues. For best results, apply Vaseline or Vitamin E oil once you are done, for soft lips.
Dark lips are easily noticed and tend to be embarrassing many a times in spite of having an otherwise flawless complexion. The best way to deal with this problem is to quit smoking not just to regain the natural colour of your lips but also to protect yourself from the other side effects this habit is responsible for. However, till then you can try the remedies mentioned to prevent further damage and you will certainly note a difference.
Using Zyban to Stop Smoking
Zyban‘s development as an anti-smoking aid is a curious one: it was originally designed as an anti-depressant, and during clinical trials of the drug is was discovered that as a side effect, many smokers participating in the trails lost interest in cigarettes and found it very easy to quit. Further research revealed that the drug was an effective stop-smoking aid, and it was approved for use as such in 1997 by the FDA. Buy Bupropion generic Or buy zyban from our online drugstore.